- 3D structure of the remnant accretion disk of a black-hole—neutron-star merger color-coded for outgoing neutrino luminosity (Deaton et al., SXS Collaboration, read more)
- Volume rendering of the specific entropy distribution in a 3D GR core-collapse supernova simulation. The blue outer layer indicates the expanding shock front. (Ott et al. 2013, SXS Collaboration, read more)
- Black hole horizon appearing in a 3D full-GR simulation of the collapse of a very massive star by Ott et al. 2011 Read more
- Vertex and Tendex fields describing outgoing gravitational waves from a black hole horizon Read more
- Specific entropy distribution in the equatorial plane of a rapidly spinning, non-axisymmetric proto-neutron star, formed in a 3D GR collapse simulation by Ott et al. 2007 Read more
- Temperature and electron fraction (Y_e) in an accretion disk formed by the merger of a neutron-star and a black hole. (Deaton et al. 2013, SXS Collaboration, read more)
- Two black holes formed in the collapse and fragmentation of a cosmological supermassive star. (Reisswig et al. 2013, SXS Collaboration, read more)
TAPIR is part of the Division of Physics, Mathematics, and Astronomy at Caltech. We are located in the Cahill Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics.