Chinese folk art
- Crosstalk (Wikipedia page). As a long-time audience of crosstalk since 1998, I have performed several times when I was in college.
- Beijing Drum Songs (click here for the best introduction in English). I first knowed about drum songs in 2004 from crosstalk and quickly became obsessed to them. I got on stages as long as I had a chance for over ten years, and was considered one of the best amateur performers in this era. Here is a video clip of my stage show in early 2012.
- Sanxian (three-string lute).
- Peking opera.
Humanities and Social Problems
- I like to read and watch documentaries on the comtemporary history of China, with particular interests in the period from 1950s to 1980s.
- I have learned a lot about laws, law enforcement, resolving disputes, inverstigations of crime cases in China through CCTV-12.
- I am also interested in the statistics of local crimes, with my great desire for safety for every people and in every neighborhood. I follow these pages semi-regularly: the Homicide Report from Los Angeles Times (link), the San Gabriel Valley crime blog (link), LAPD news (link), etc.
I enjoy cooking and shopping for food. I also like to do house cleaning regularly.